WinDForce can bring in value addition to wind power projects for all types of stakeholders
Value Proposition to IPPs
- WinDForce can help clients acquire sites delinked with 'equipment suppliers', which makes it possible to
- Get good wind resource sites, with higher reliability, improved feasibility (better off take arrangements, better economics etc).
- Improved equipment fit for the site.
- Get improved contracting with equipment suppliers.
- Reduced investment cost/kWhr generated.
- Reduced and validated risks of evacuation and local stakeholder acceptance..
- Stronger validation of legal rights on site
- Improved micrositing plan and local resource optimization of points purchased
- Better revenue/unit investment
- Wider options of sale of electricity including group captive, third party sale, which help maximize the value including RECs, CERs.
- As owner's engineer during O&M phase
- Ongoing management of electricity sale contracts, REC, CER values.
- Focused management of relationships with customers of electricity
- Improved coordination with the grid to ensure evacuation;
- Improved and systematic management of forecasting
- Longevity of wind farm, and better control of generation
- Stronger checks on foundation, evacuation, equipment and material quality, construction practices used in the wind farm, so that short term compromises are not taken which may impact life of the wind farm.
- Stronger implementation of agreed contract terms with O&M contractor
- As owner's engineer during O&M phases, stronger implementation of right O&M practices, response time to breakdowns, improved predictive/preventive maintenance to ensure high generation and protection of wind farm longevity.
Value proposition to Technology Players/Equipment Suppliers
- Improved investment attractiveness of the sites being developed by equipment suppliers/developers for their customers
- Improved off-take arrangements,
- Benefit management – for REC, CERs
- Improved financing structure
- For new technology players
- Initial market assessment for their products and services and requirements to qualify and succeed in the market
- On- ground local support in introducing their products and services to local markets (relationships with regulators, financial institutions, customers etc).
- On ground local support in execution: project management, procurement engineering etc.
- To ensure that the entire bouquet of services needed by customers can be offered, market can be developed faster, new customers can be acquired, local regulatory and project management risks are minimized.
Value proposition to Investors
- Thorough due-diligence of projects so that risks related to project execution, and project attractiveness of an investment proposal can be assessed and incorporated in the investment decision.
- Assuring that the project complies with global sustainability and environmental standards.
- Helping the investee company in improving the project concept (economic viability) as well as project implementation (outlined for IPPs above).